Enhanced Educational Opportunities Through Collaboration
Welcome to Florida Independent Colleges and Universities Risk Management Association, Inc.
FICURMA is a private educational risk retention pool that offers its members property, casualty, workers’ compensation, fleet auto, educator’s legal and officers & directors, crime, foreign liability, environmental, fiduciary, cyber and foreign travel insurance.
Benefits include increased capacity, reduced rates, loss control services, a Risk Management Information System and a number of risk management services. Membership is offered to institutions that are members of the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida and the Florida Council of Independent Schools.
The corporation is governed by its members and is professionally staffed. The members of FICURMA’s insured property exceeds $5 Billion, have more than 20,000 employees in its Workers’ Compensation pool, and manage a fleet of over 2,000 vehicles, watercraft and mobile equipment.
Inclusive Member Benefits
- On-Line Claims Reporting
- On-Line Claims Access
- On-Line Access to Capital Assets Inventory
- On-line Access to Fine Arts Collection
- On-Line Contract Management
- On-line Insurance Certificate Production and Storage
Building Appraisals and Design Support
- Buildings Appraised in 1st Year of Membership
- Buildings Appraised every five years
- Properties Reviewed and Re-priced Annually
RMS Risk Link Windstorm Modeling
- Pool, Campus & Building Specific Based Probable Maximum Loss Estimates (PML)
- Aon Rapid Response for Complex Claims Management
- BMS CAT, Belfor & Cotton – Stand-by Catastrophic Recovery Contracts
- Emergency Communications Options
Loss Control and Loss Reduction Strategies
- Campus Visits and Participation in Local Safety Committees
Member Owned Pooled Loss Fund
- Members Retain Ownership of the Loss Fund
- Loss Fund Earns Interest
International Travel Programs and Security
- Crisis Management Consulting
- 24/7/365 Assistance to Student & Employee Travelers
- Database Tracking of Travelers with communication abilities
- International Mobile Travel App for Smartphones
Questions? Contact Us.
15310 Amberly Drive – Ste. 250
Tampa, FL 33647
(813) 558-2015, fax
email: info @ ficurma.org